Driving increased online engagement through media relations
TrustedCare is an online directory, comparison and feedback website of care homes and home care (domiciliary) services from across the United Kingdom. It commissioned Journalista to deliver four things:
• Validate large care home organisations decision to invest in the site
• Boost localised and national SEO through high-value external links back to the site
• Boost feedback on the site through a call to action to care home residents and their families and friends to supplement these CQC findings with real-time feedback on trustedcare.co.uk
• Reassure investors in TrustedCare through third party advocacy of the site
Competition for care home ratings sites is fierce, so content needs to be truly unique and of exceptionally high quality to cut through – especially into the national media.
To do this, on message, we focussed on getting the PR content to evidence TrustedCare’s key points of difference within the market: a. the immediacy of its data and b. its user friendly approach that bridges the gaps between customers and care homes.
An interactive, user friendly map that ranked the care homes county by county based on most recent CQC data on both quality and cost.
We used our understanding of the media and their target audience to pull out the most interesting stories, such as quality and costs do not go hand in hand and regional variations across the country.
Our media approach was to launch the story exclusively with The Telegraph due to their proximity to our target audience, as a result they invested in developing detailed infographics that really bought the story to life.
We then segmented content for different target audiences – care home sector, regions, nationals and consumer media.
• 50 new service reviews from members of the public about care providers on the site
• 17 new paying members joined the website
• Three local authorities and seven local Healthwatches engaged with TrustedCare about data sharing and syndication as a direct result of the report launch
• The map launch attracted over 10,000 visitors to the website, over 400 social shares and 36 different media channels covering the story including 3 nationals (ITV, Telegraph, Sun) and one international (MSN).
“Huge thanks for the work you put into my project. The results were as perfect as I could have hoped for. My team are happy, my board is happy and my investors are happy – consequently I’m very happy.”
Mark Walford, CEO and Founder,
Want more? Browse our latest case studies for more relevant insights.