Senior Account Manager
Job title: Senior Account Manager
Type: PAYE, Full-time
Salary: £35k per annum
- Have you changed mindsets and habits in a measurable way?
- Can you engage people in way that makes them feel valued?
- Does the challenge of a difficult conversation make you tune in and listen?
And of course, do you have an insatiable appetite for news, politics / trends and ideas?
Then we are looking for a capable and confident Senior Account Manager like you to join our fast-growing communications agency.
Journalista is a thriving communications agency for people who want to do new things that are a force for good. For connectivity, for communicating, for hoping for a happier, healthier shared future.
Journalista is focused on growing in a way that puts talent first by leading in a values-led, collaborative and mindful way that attracts and retains the best people in the business. We specialise in health, social care and communities, research and technologies.
The role of Senior Account Manager will support a range of accounts, which could include universities, government agencies, charities and health and social care innovation firms. Audiences include pharmaceutical brand managers, government departments, NHS commissioners, patient groups, young mums and health policy influencers.
The role will involve staying on top of the news agenda, to spot opportunities for content creation and coverage – coordinating reactive press office activity and client liaison. With excellent organisational skills, the role holder will drive accounts – ensuring that agreed KPIs are met.
As Senior Account Manager, your role will involve:
- Multi-client and cross channel content strategy, planning and management across earned, owned and social
- Content creation across accounts to tight deadlines
- Management and coordination of reactive press office activity across a range of clients
- Management / coordination of client liaison and reporting, ensuring that preparation for meetings is well executed and that account directors or seniors are fully briefed on meeting contents
- Keeping on top of the agenda, contact with key journalists, influencers and social media, spotting strategically useful opportunities for clients and exploiting them successfully
- Conducting complex interviews with a variety of stakeholders from leading academics to tech entrepreneurs to develop strong storylines to take forward into targeted content for a wide range of audiences and channels
- Developing compelling pitches for a wide range of clients across our sectors and taking these forward
- Pitching in to targeted media channels across all verticals from mainstream / specialist / broadcast etc.
- Developing messages, narratives and tactical ideas to meet client briefs
- Supporting new business by research, creative ideation and contributing to pitching and workshops
- Evaluation of clients results within an overall KPI framework
- Planning and managing the organisation of events ranging from workshops, photo calls, press conferences, training days etc. on behalf of clients
- Advising on media handling including interview briefings, developing Q&A’s, exclusives and embargoes
The ideal candidate for the Senior Account Manager role will have:
- An ability to write compelling and challenging comment pieces that are carried across a wide range of media
- Their finger on the pulse of what different publications across our sectors are interested in and how this is evolving
- A solid understanding of the health and social care policy environments and the stakeholders within this
- Strong communication skills and an ability to utilise these effectively and persuasively with clients, journalists and other stakeholders – managing expectations and pursuing strategic objectives
- Experience of working in a communications agency in at least one of the areas of behaviour change methodologies, health and social care, community engagement, public affairs, tech and research – direct to consumer background also valued
- Existing relationships with journalists across the national media and / or specialist sectors where we work
- Confidence in their technical ability to work within – and further develop – a highly digitised, collaborative working environment
What we offer you:
We offer one of the biggest perks in the business: trust. This means – no everyday commute. Flexibility around core hours. Generous holiday, profit based bonus and pension.
Instead of shedding money on expensive offices, we invest in above-average remuneration for a more senior team blend than is typical of PR agencies, enabling us to build a team of the best people in the PR business and our industry sectors. We then invest in developing them with bespoke individual training plans and regular team away days.
If you have any questions or would like to make an application, please email email@example.com, and include your CV and a cover letter. Please state clearly what position you’re applying for in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.