Job title: PR Executive
Type: PAYE, Full-time
Salary: £25k per annum
- Have you demonstrated the courage to take action and own an outcome?
- Are you able to focus on what’s truly important?
- Do you always believe ‘there’s a way’, so continue to bring fresh ideas and approaches to your team?
And of course, do you have a truly insatiable appetite for news, politics / trends and ideas?
Then you sound like the resilient, open-minded and ambitious PR Executive we are looking to join us.
Journalista is a thriving communications agency for people who want to do new things that are a force for good. For connectivity, for communicating, for hoping for a happier, healthier shared future.
Journalista is focused on growing in a way that puts talent first by leading in a values-led, collaborative and mindful way that attracts and retains the best people in the business. We specialise in healthtech by focusing on the three pillars of health and social care, research and tech.
The role of PR Executive will support a range of accounts, which could include universities, government agencies, charities and health and social care innovation firms. The role will be dynamic and fast-paced, with the role-holder keeping on top of the news agenda – horizon scanning, spotting opportunities for our clients and setting the pace for reactive press office activity. Audiences include pharmaceutical brand managers, NHS commissioners and health policy influencers.
As PR Executive, your role will involve:
- Building upon your already established network of journalists across health and social care, health tech and/or academic and business arenas
- Extracting complex stories from a wide range of stakeholders across our clients, including academics, senior policy makers, tech entrepreneurs and evangelists
- Horizon scanning and supporting the account management teams to position our clients optimally
- Monitoring media coverage and reporting results to the wider team and clients
- Developing robust listening systems and processes to build intelligence on media opportunities via social, digital and old-school networking approaches
- Immersing yourself in the needs of a wide range of clients, from insomnia digital therapeutics to digitised counselling providers, universities and think tanks to government bodies and innovation funds
- Meeting needs across accounts, including through writing press releases, building media lists, selling in to media and creating social media schedules
- Balancing the demands of a fast-growing team and making a significant contribution to the growth of an agency in the healthtech space
- Supporting the Journalista team internally, with organisation and project management
The ideal candidate for the PR Executive role will have:
- Around two years’ experience of working in a communications agency and, ideally, some time spent in journalism / public affairs / public policy / digital agency
- A commitment to a career in PR and a desire to climb the ranks at pace
- Evidence of developing and selling in stories – at a national level – on complex issues in a way that makes them clearer and more accessible to a wide range of audiences
- An insatiable thirst for news, politics and policy across a diversity of platforms
- An understanding of health and care policy, healthtech space and the political and stakeholder landscape surrounding these – we are also open to someone with an interest in these areas, but a consumer background
- An ability to connect the dots between opportunities and how they could map to our different clients
- Confidence in their technical ability to work within – and further develop – a highly digitised, collaborative working environment
What we offer you:
We offer one of the biggest perks in the business: trust. This means – no everyday commute. Flexibility around core hours. Generous holiday, profit-based bonus and pension.
Rather than insisting everyone comes into a large battery-hen style office day in day out, we invest in above-average remuneration for a more senior team blend than is typical of PR agencies. This enables us to build a team of the best people in the PR business and our industry sectors. We then invest in developing them with bespoke individual training plans and regular team away days.
If you have any questions or would like to make an application, please email email@example.com, and include your CV and a cover letter. Please state clearly what position you’re applying for in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.