Job title: PR Consultant
Type: Full-time / Part-time considered, PAYE / Freelance
Core hours: 10am-4pm 3+ days p/w
Have you considered going freelance for increased flexibility, but feel concerned about missing the support of a team and sustaining a regular income?
We are looking for an experienced writer, pitcher and campaigner from the health, tech and research spaces to join our fast-growing remote PR team.
Journalista is focused on growing in a way that puts talent first by leading in a values-led, collaborative and mindful way that attracts and retains the best people in the business. We specialise in healthtech by focusing on the three pillars of health and social care, research and tech.
The role of PR Consultant will support a range of accounts, including universities, government agencies, charities and health and social care innovation firms. It will largely involve developing storylines and engaging content from complex information and interviews that capture the attention of a wide range of time-poor audiences via a range of media, including mostly earned media, but also paid-for content and earned social media campaigns. Audiences include pharmaceutical brand managers to NHS commissioners, health policy influencers to affluent 30-45-year-old women.
As PR Consultant your role will involve:
- Conducting complex interviews with a variety of stakeholders from leading academics to tech entrepreneurs to develop strong storylines to take forward into targeted content for a wide range of audiences and channels
- Developing compelling pitches for a wide range of clients across our sectors and taking these forward
- Pitching in to targeted media channels across all verticals from mainstream / specialist / broadcast etc.
- Content and channel strategy across our sectors
- Developing messages, narratives and tactical ideas to meet client briefs
- Supporting new business by research, creative ideation and contributing to pitching and workshops
- Confidence in their technical ability to work within – and further develop – a highly digitised, collaborative working environment
- Evaluation of clients results inline with with an overall KPI framework
The ideal candidate for the PR Consultant role will have:
- An ability to write compelling and challenging comment pieces that are carried across a wide range of media
- Their finger on the pulse of what different publications across our sectors are interested in and how this is evolving
- A solid understanding of the health and social care policy environments and the stakeholders within this
What we offer you:
We offer one of the biggest perks in the business: Trust. This means – no everyday commute. Flexibility around core hours. Generous holiday, profit based bonus and pension.
Instead of shedding money on expensive offices, we invest in above-average remuneration for a more senior team blend than is typical of PR agencies, enabling us to build a team of the best people in the PR business and our industry sectors. We then invest in developing them with bespoke individual training plans and regular team away days.
If you have any questions or would like to make an application, please email email@example.com, and include your CV and a cover letter. Please state clearly what position you’re applying for in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: 2nd November 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.