Job title: Account Director
Type: PAYE, Full-time
Salary: £45k per annum
- Have you developed and driven a bold communications strategy that has delivered a measurable impact?
- Do you build and maintain support across wide stakeholder networks through embracing reciprocity and openness?
- Do have strong business judgement, the tenacity to make the most out of available resources and insight to leverage the strengths in your team?
Oh…and do you STILL have an annoyingly insatiable appetite for news, politics / trends and ideas?
Then you sound just like the change driving, well-networked and ambitious Account Director that we are looking for to join us.
Journalista is a thriving communications agency for people who want to do new things that are a force for good. For connectivity, for communicating, for hoping for a happier, healthier shared future.
Journalista is focused on growing in a way that puts talent first by leading in a values-led, collaborative and mindful way that attracts and retains the best people in the business. We specialise in health, social care and communities, research and technologies.
The role of Account Director will lead on up to five clients, which could include universities, government agencies, charities and health and social care innovation firms. Audiences include pharmaceutical brand managers, NHS commissioners and health policy influencers.
The role holder will be adept at managing and growing client relationships. A PR operator with in-depth sector knowledge and exceptional media and communication skills, the role holder also has the business skills needed to grow accounts within the context and plans of the agency.
As Account Director, your role will involve:
- Creating bold strategies that use the most effective methodologies including behaviour change and using these to drive forward serious and measurable changes
- Leveraging the capabilities in your team through well-developed managerial skills
- Building and maintaining the trust in your team, clients and stakeholders to drive forward serious change programmes at pace
- Identifying new business opportunities and preparing creative new business proposals
- Providing a senior and qualified presence in meetings, with clients and internally
- Taking responsibility and ownership of client KPIs, coordinating a team of PAYE and freelance support to achieve these
- Having a full understanding of all budgeting procedures and maintaining complete financial control across all client work for which you are responsible
- Contributing to the growth of the business and its systems
- Taking a proactive attitude towards representing Journalista at industry forums, conferences and seminars
- Reviewing and signing off work from junior members of the team, for client and external facing work
- Staying on the pulse of the news and policy agenda, alerting your clients to PR risk or opportunities
The ideal candidate for the Account Director role will have:
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to produce all day-to-day written material for client including press releases, features, statements, Q&A’s, speeches, presentations etc
- Strong management skills and an appetite to support and develop junior members of the team
- A collaborative attitude, sharing learnings and opportunities across the team
- A desire to make a big impact in a small team
- An ability to add value to the media planning and approach process in both the new business/strategic planning stages and the on-going execution of media campaigns
- Existing relationships with key journalists
- A high-growth mindset and a strong grasp of the financial elements of working in an agency
- Experience of working at a senior level in a PR agency, with a good sense of what works and what doesn’t
What we offer you:
We offer one of the biggest perks in the business: trust. This means – no everyday commute. Flexibility around core hours. Generous holiday, profit-based bonus and pension.
Rather than insisting everyone comes into a large battery-hen style office day in day out, we invest in above-average remuneration for a more senior team blend than is typical of PR agencies. This enables us to build a team of the best people in the PR business and our industry sectors. We then invest in developing them with bespoke individual training plans and regular team away days.
If you have any questions or would like to make an application, please email email@example.com, and include your CV and a cover letter. Please state clearly what position you’re applying for in the subject line.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.